Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Here we go!



I am hopeful that through this reflection and updates that you will be able to see my heart for the Lord and His people.  This journey has been very humbling since the position was voted on and passed back in mid-July.  I feel it is necessary and appropriate to communicate my thoughts as we move forward.

I firmly believe that we are doing some great things through the Church.  With that being said, I feel very strongly that I don't want to create programs or do things  just for the sake of doing them.  Therefore, as I spoke with the deacons on this topic I communicated my desire for us to pray.  Pray that God would give us the vision for family ministry through First Baptist.  Pray that He would be the one directing our decisions and actions.  Therefore, as we move through the early stages of this position, Renessa and I are praying and the deacons are praying.  We also would ask to that you would pray with us in this venture.  It is our hope that through prayer we would be given clear, focused visions for our family ministry. 

Efforts are already being made to communicate more with you on this subject and others.  I am providing a blog to anyone that would like to subscribe to it.  This blog will be a link to thoughts, reflections, resources and encouragements to families on their journey with the Lord.  If you would like to take a look it is at: A Life Worthy of the Call.  The title is based off of Ephesians 4.1 where Paul is challenging the Ephesians that as they have came to Christ in faith that they live their lives worthy of that call that He placed on their life.  It is a tremendous reminder for me that as a man, husband, father and just a person in this world that I am Christ's ambassador to those around me and for Christ's sake I am living my life in such a way that honors the sacrifice that He made out of love for us.  In addition, the life that I live personally should spill over into my life as part of the body of Christ.  The Church is called to live a life in a similar fashion.  This verse and set of verses in Ephesians 4.1-16 drives me.  I look forward to serving in the role of family pastor at First Baptist Church in Elgin but more importantly I am excited to see our church continue to live in such a way that is worthy to the call that He has placed on us.  To Him be the glory!

In Christ,

Ryan Zurbriggen

No comments:

Post a Comment